DL6KAC's Virtual Home

DX, Contests & more


Obtaining a reciprocal ham radio permit in Mexico

Last Update: May 2016

Currently it’s not possible for foreigners to obtain a reciprocal license.

Recently the regulatory authority changed the licensing system from “licenses” to “concessions“. Concessions are only available to Mexicans.

FMRE is working with the regulatory authority in order to install some sort of licensing system for foreigners. However, this will take time.